Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To: SBS Transit

I am writing in due to the disappointment I had with the service provided by SBS Transit. It has always been a pleasure travelling with SBS Transit, however, the experience I had this evening has made me quite disappointed with the service.

Although incidents are inevitable at times, it is crucial that the actions taken in lieu of the incident would take in the considerations of consumers. However, the action that SBS Transit (or the driver) has taken to handle the incident today has obviously overlooked on the welfare of SBS consumers.

It took quite a long time, before bus service 66 finally reached the bus stop at Upper Bukit Timah Rd - Opp Bukit Timah Plaza. As per normal, consumers boarding the bus would crowd at the head of the bus stop. However, when the buss arrive, something unexpected hit us. The bus driver did not open the door for us to board and this surprises us. A few seconds later, he informed us that the 2 ezlink card tappers at the front is faulty and we had to pay cash in order to board the bus. Thus, only one or two consumers board the bus as I am sure, most of us are not willing to spend the extra money to pay cash.

The issue here is not regarding the extra cash that we have to pay, but it is the service that is provided. In the first place, the technical error surfaced due to the fault of SBS and not the consumers. Thus, I felt that it is unfair to us that firstly, we have to pay extra cash in order to board the bus (taking in consideration that paying by cash cost more than ezlink card charges, and that as a student, I have bought the bus concession pass), and secondly, it has brought inconvenience to us as we have to wait for the next bus to arrive, which may take another 20 minutes or even more.

It is definitely unfair to me as I have the bus concession pass and it definitely makes no sense to me to pay cash, since I have the concession pass. Thus, I have to wait for the next bus against my will.

A year ago, I had a similar experience with another SBS Bus Service 99. However, I am quite pleased with the actions taken by that particular driver as he allowed us to board the bus without paying since it is on your part, at fault. I felt that this is a more reasonable and justifiable way to handle situations like this so as to go the extra mile, to provide better services to your consumers.

I felt that good service meant that be it the fault lies with the company or the consumer, the company will take reasonable actions and take in considerations for their consumers' welfare instead of proposing unreasonable advice to the consumers, bringing them much inconvenience and put them at the disadvantage.

I hope you will look into the matter and perhaps, implement a better way to handle situations like this in future.

Thank you.

________________________________________

okay. maybe my email skills nt tt fantastic afterall. and tt's why im still taking Business Communications 2 this sem, and Business Communications 3 next year.

BUT WELL (: i have emailed them! :D

and regarding singtel... sigh. too tired to email them again today. shall do tt tml or sth. i will give them until tml (which is a week after i emailed them) to reply me.

lalal. okay. i noe the email is full or grammatical and vocabulary mistakes. eng pro ppl, no need correct me since i have already sent tt out. lol. tata. (:

No comments: